Monday, July 29, 2013

He was Quite the Jake

I've been struggling the last few days to write this post. Mostly because in the midst of celebrating new life in our family, we are all having just a little bit of trouble accepting the loss of one of us.
For the past 14 years, my parents have been blessed with the best dog. Ever.

Jake.
I could probably write a novel about the amazingness of Jake, but I know I wouldn't do it justice. He was sweet. He was gentle. He was patient. He was loyal. He could really, really retrieve. He liked to have his face washed in the morning. He hated pickles and loved pouncing fish. And he really, really, really loved to swim.
 Jake is part of my fondest memories of the last 14 years.
He's part of Home.
He's part of my Ellie. 

But most importantly, Jake was my Dad's best (furry) friend. Jake helped lower Dad's blood pressure when work got tough. He made Dad smile when people were being...crappy  people. I loved to get an phone call from Dad...."Well, I've got a Jake story for ya..." followed by fits of giggles.
 I think you could probably safely say...Jake saved Dad's life. 
Thanks for that, Old Boy.

We'll miss you, Jake. 
Rest in Peace.

No comments: