Saturday, May 25, 2013

In Which We Craft

I am not sure if you heard yet, but my sister is gestating.

See?

36 weeks down...4? 3? 2? to go. No turning back now, Sister...

Last week, my Brother in Law needed to go out of town. So I went to Death Valley for seven days to pre-baby babysit.

Which meant...really...I went to Death Vally and watched every Jane Austen inspired movie available, season 1 of Bones and Modern Family and crafted. Yeah, yeah...I did some teleworking too...but that's not all that exciting compared to all of the sister time and crafting that took place.

I have not done a whole lot of crafting at home lately, despite having my own Craft Cave.

Crafting happens in spurts, around the births of children and gift-giving holidays. And also when Archy G goes out of town for long periods of time on hunting trips. I think there may be a correlation there.

We made a graph together to show you. This may count as crafting.


I also tend toward this problem....

See what I mean?
And that isn't even my house!

What did I make? Just a few little things....

A Hospital Gown ala The Crafty Cupboard. It has a detachable front for hospital nursing photos which do not show too much ta-ta. Sister is modest. I've never actually made something for an adult to wear.


I also whipped up a dress for My Niece, sans bloomers.... Apparently she is not so modest.
 I think it will fit, yes?

A quilt top for my cousin's now 9-month old son. Seriously, Albrey...I've had this fabric and plan for Little Nolan since you announced he was a boy and his nursery would be nautical theme. I am hoping he gets this before college. I still have some work to do...like the rest of the quilt.

And finally.... a Hootie Hider. Sister got one for her baby shower, but she wanted a spare. They match different outfits.

Sister whipped out two crocheted blankets and I also did some knitting, but I didn't get any pictures of those.

Every evening, Sister looked at the crib and said "There will be a baby in here soon."

I asked if she would tell me her name ALREADY...but nope.

She took great pains to be sure I didn't find out. Foiled by foil.


Next time we pose for this picture, we'll be adding a little bundle to the frame...
My, my... what a difference 3 years can make!

Did I mention how excited I am to become an Auntie?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking care of us! Love the gown, I'm sure it will be put to good use!

C said...

I wish I had your talents!
So excited for you two to be aunty/mommy soon!