Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hello, Spring!

Well hey there, friend. Bet you thought I had dropped off the face of the planet.

I guess maybe we have a little bit. I am still trying to figure out where the last 4 months have gone. Wasn't it Christmas last week? Wasn't I just stuck at Archy G's house, waiting to drive to Reno to buy a new car? Isn't all the snow so pretty?

Wait.

What the heck is that thing in the yard?

Obviously, I've been in a hole. Called my office. Or my house...fighting off colds, the flu, and a nasty, nasty norovirus-like bug. Yep, you read that right. Nothing tests a relationship like taking turns praying to the single porcelain god in the house.

Despite some set backs and what feels like work-related isolation....Archy G and I have been making the most of Spring so far.

We went to LA for and ended up making some new friends....
Hey Lucy, would you like to get some coffee with us?
Dinner at your place? Human hearts? Um. We're vegetarians. Thanks anyway.
We thought about getting a new pet...

But we could only find dead ones...

We shall call him Mammut.
Fido and Fifi
Or stuffed ones...


We did a little bit of house shopping in case it all hits the fan. Doomsday preppers we are not.

The next week after that, we got to go to Berkeley for a meeting.


 You probably don't know this, but sometimes Archy G talks to me in poetry and I swoon.
But then he tells me that Morrissey wrote it, Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want (2011 Remastered Version)  so we listen and dance...

and go see him in Davis since we were practically there anyway.

Between the meetings, we got to go outside with an old friend and colleague of mine, who took us to China Camp State Park and talked about archaeology and history...all those things that I love about my job.



 It was very green...and a little poison oaky.

While this is my favorite angle of Archy G....
Hurry! There is something on the ground to look at!
this is the one I see the most often when we go outside to play. 
Archaeology Ash, get over here and see what I found.
 We had a lovely Easter last weekend, by the way. Archy G cooked lamb, which unfortunately was discovered by the Little Archy Gs to be Baby Sheep.

Purple Vans helped the situation.
Ellie liked them too. 
 As did a Goofy Archy G.
Pink Tiara doesn't let all this awesomeness go to his head.
 And a ridiculous amount of candy.
Children climbing on the furniture. Either there is sugar on the lens or those are some shaky sugar hands. 

Perhaps the biggest news of this Spring is my favorite news of all...
 
My twinkie is making life in the Valley of Death!!!!

More on this news later because I am getting ready to throw her a shower....

I will just say, I am going to be the Best Bad Influence ever. E-V-E-R!

Happy Spring, y'all. I promise to say hello again before Summer!

No comments: