Thursday, April 11, 2013

Get Your Umbrella...

It is raining presents for Littles!

I spent last weekend in Death Valley celebrating Life.

Isn't my niece adorable???




Sister's shower (jungle themed, like the nursery)
included 3 parts...
 1). a party with actual people....
2). a cigar and scotch tasting for the dudes...
and 3). a shower by mail from all of the family and friends of the Mom and Dad -to-be
When I arrived on Friday, I had to make all of those boxes look like this:
I also had to make all of these bags:
Into food!

Fortunately, I had my amazing Mom there to help. She cut up about 50,000 vegetables
while Dad wrapped presents...


and I made 50,000 cupcakes! (Don't judge, I am learning...).
We had a lot to do, but we stopped often to do things like annoy my sister...

My Niece really likes potato chips, which Sister just finished eating.
  and freak out the New Parents...

Thanks to Pinterest, Mom and I were full of jungle themed ideas, and with the help of Sister's Sister-in-law who made this awesome diaper cake :
we made quite the table full of Wild food!  And a lot of it. Because we are each our mother's daughters.

We had lots of vegetables (see photo above), Asian Noodle Salad, Beef Barbacoa with homemade salsa, Sweet and Sour Pulled Pork with this marinade and slaw, Chicken Satay skewers with peanut sauce, Spinach Enchiladas, Spicy Fruit Salad, Pineapple Mango Bread Pudding, and various dippy things for various crackery things. We also served Margaritas and Jungle Juice...which was ginger ale and pineapple juice, not to be confused with this Jungle Juice...it was a Jungle Baby Shower, people! Not Animal House!

We played one game, which involved tasting baby foods. I tried to choose the worst flavors possible...
Amazingly, the two new mothers were able to figure out one of them was Sweet Potato and Chicken!
I am still not sure if I should compliment their palettes.

The Ladies adjourned to the living room for gift opening while the men sat around and did things men do. Like make fire and grunt, I am sure.

Sister opened a lot of presents. It was great to see her smile so much. I wish I could show you everything, but that would be a ridiculous amount of pictures... if you want to see more, send me a message and I will send you a link to an album. There were also some people with fancier cameras who are going to give me their pictures...trust me they are better.
Yay! Dirty Diaper Disposal! 

My niece got a lot of really special presents from her family.
From her Grandma N in Michigan...


From Aunty Archaeology Ash


And from Grandma Nancy....
the baby blanket made by our great, great aunt just for Sister, more than 29 years ago! (Plus about 300 books....Grandma Nancy is a teacher, after all!)

I think we all had fun. I hope all the people who came to the party did too!

Now we just have to wait for that Little Girl to get here already! Or in June... don't be too early, Baby! But seriously. I'll throw you a party as soon as you are done cooking in there. I make pretty good frosting, and I promise to pipe it directly into your mouth like all the Best-Aunts-Ever do.

Stay Cheesy! And Blurry!
It is never too early for bunny ears on a baby.

No comments: