Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkined-up Kicks

I've been dealing this week with Crazy Eyeballs, Wobbles, and an Earache. Apparently this is called Benign Positional Vertigo and it comes from some problems with my inner ear. Blood work at the ER showed that I have elevated lymphocytes - so perhaps by reading this you will also catch the apparent virus I am fending off.

Fun.

In between lying down, working from home, and whining to Archy G, I have been trying to celebrate the arrival of Fall. It has been in the 40s in the mornings, 70s in the daytime, and the leaves in my trees are starting to change color - from the weather, I presume, and not the lack of water.

Starbucks introduced their Pumpkin Spice Latte a few weeks ago, and my favorite local coffee shop now has Pumpkin Dirty Chai. At $4 or more a cup, I can't really have one every day. Or week.

To save some moola, I made this Pumpkin Spice Creamer to treat myself at home, thanks to a suggestion by Miss Lizzie. It is pretty fabulous.


Unfortunately, it only calls for 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree.

Fortunately, that meant I had plenty of pumpkin puree left to make some WHOOPEE (pies) for Archy G. Hehehe.
 He is not a huge dessert eater, so I cut this recipe in half and made only 9 blobs of deliciousness. There is still one in the fridge...Is that sad?

With the rest of the pumpkin, I made spicy soup with Thai Red Curry paste and coconut milk, which I have been eating all week.

Rounding out the pumpkin-ed up week, I am making Halloween treat bags for my mom's students.
Okay. I must confess that I just pulled out the fabric and posed this photo because I am just a little too lopsided to make permanent cuts to fabric.

Cloth carnage would be a shame.

Happy Fall, everybody...and for Pete's sake....drink some orange juice. There's illness going around.

No comments: