Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you, MontanaHomaZonaIa.

Today I had an experience that I probably should be balling my head off about right now.

I probably would be if this was three years ago and I was still letting someone else decide how I should react.

Sometimes doing my job can be very hard. You may not think it because, generally, it is pretty freaking awesome doing what I do. But occasionally, I have to come out of my bubble and interact with people.

Today some gentlemen with puffed up chests, Skoal can pockets, and belt buckles tried to school me about something a "California girl with a nice smile wouldn't understand."

Today some gentlemen with puffed up chests, Skoal can pockets, and belt buckles didn't realize they were dealing with a woman who cut her teeth doing this job where even the ladies have puffed up chests, Skoal can pockets and belt buckles. And those ladies were my best friends.

I might live in California...but don't you go confusing me for anything less than the sum of all my parts.
Those gentlemen surely won't do it again.

I'd thank you not to either.

These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Various Artists

No comments: