Sunday, October 2, 2011

My room of requirement, Number 2

I spent the majority of my day holed up in the back of my house, creating another room of requirement....

Behold. My Craft Cave.
Not to be confused with the Bat Cave where Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne lives.


(This picture is not necessary, but yet....it is.)

Or a man cave. Which, apparently there is an entire television show devoted to creating.

Because this space is just for me. Not that the rest of my house is not also...just for me...but this is where I will keep my creativity mostly centered so that if I ever have company, I won't scare them with my craftiness.

Here is the view from the door.
I finally found a use for the yards of green and purple fabric I bought 5 years ago!

Here is the view from the other corner, opposite the door.
My sewing station.
(With ribbons and paint too).

My "paper crafts" station, which is mostly just the bazillion cards I've collected over the last 30 years. And my new sticker machine. And Sculpey clay.
My "yarn needs" station that includes a large collection of zippers I didn't know I had and some obsidian that someone gave me. Only an archaeologist would view this as both a romantic gesture, and a craft supply.
My spinning wheel now has a home, and some space where I can learn how to use it.
Do you have a bench vice and a yarn winder?
I didn't think so. But I do. Just in case.

This is the opposite side of the room. Its not terribly awesome just yet because there are some boxes I need to get rid of and one more that I need to unpack in my Third Room of Requirement.
I know I don't have a ton of time during the week to spend in here, but its kind of nice to have a space where I can pretend I'm way better at all this than Martha Stewart. And maybe when things are a little rough and I am having some trouble just letting life happen...I can come here and, well...do this instead.

1 comment:

Tucsonlizzie said...

This is so so so cool. Wow. You could make anything in there!