Saturday, September 24, 2011

We Made It

So I finally moved last weekend. I am sorry it has taken so long to tell you about it, but I just got the internet yesterday...and well...today I am still really sick. My head is very swimmy, so this is just going to be mostly pictures.

Here is how the packing went.
Ellie was not terribly pleased with the emptying of her house.
But she consoled herself with the fish.
Dad and Sister came up to help with the long haul up the hill.There is something kind of ironic about the fact that I had a UHaul with Montana stickers on the side and Arizona license plates moving all my stuff to a cool new place to live. Like a sign or something. Maybe things will be awesomely amazing here?
It took us less than 12 hours, but we got everything loaded from the old place and unloaded in the new place.
I nearly did my work crew in. I owe them more than beverages, steak, and thank yous.
I spent the next three days unpacking. I still have two rooms left to do, but I got the main parts done.
My dining room table is a bit tiny in this big space.

And yes, temporarily my shower curtain is serving as a regular curtain until I can get back to Wal-Mart and get the right set.So far we are enjoying it. Ellie loves the yard, and frankly my dears, I do too.

So...come and visit whenever you want. I think I'll be done being sick in a few days. I haven't been able to figure out the oven, and I broke the nozzle on my grill. But I'd be happy to fix you a sandwich. On a tortilla since I don't have bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is your commute like now?

Gavin