Friday, August 26, 2011

13 days and counting down...

Holy crap.

I am quickly, QUICKLY! approaching my second 29th birthday. I am FREAKING out just a little bit. How could I not? I am divorced, childless, and once again, most of my belongings are crammed in boxes. Which means I am about to be homeless again. The only thing of value I don't own in conjunction with a bank is a washer and dryer.

Yeah, the next 13 days are going to be full of whining, which I may or may not word vomit on my blog. I'm going to try to come to terms with this in the best way possible...which will probably involve large quantities of adult beverages. And possibly very long hikes in a hairshirt. It is probably a good thing I do not wear makeup or you might see mascara tracks filling the lines in my prematurely aging face skin.

I know, I know. I am going to be fine. My thirties will be so freaking awesome I will want to relive them again. Blah blah blah. Yadda yadda yadda. Let me feel sorry for myself. At least for 13 more days.


3 comments:

Mer said...

These were really funny! Thanks for a good laugh.

I am long past 30, and I can tell you it is true, 30s were the best years. (You still have energy without having to take a pill.)

Tucsonlizzie said...

Girl, we are going to ROCK your thirties. And as to #1, I've got you covered.

C said...

ok-
#5. The trick is: fold them into THIRDS. Thirds length-wise, and then thirds width-wise. And at the beginning, match up the corners where the stitching is, so the elastic-y part hangs down. Yes.

#10. WORD.

Turning 30? You are a fantastic person with a super impressive job, many seriously cool talents, great friends, and wide, wide open possibilities. How can you not rock the next few decades? You clearly rocked the last 3. HAPPY 30th to you!