Sunday, April 3, 2011

I think, perhaps...

it might be Spring.

Know how I know?

Because I dressed like this today.
Hello, white legs!

Even though I just saw this yesterday...
I went to the Home Depot and got some supplies to get my hands dirty.
So I did.
And now I'm hoping for some tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, some herbs, and maybe some strawberries. I crammed everything together in containers because I do not want to take the time to build beds at a house I just rent.
I made a lot of mud.

Oh, and I made some new friends today, doubling the total number of friends I have in California!

They all live here, above my archaeology books.
There are two stripey ones. And one iridescent one. See them?
And one Fiddler Crab who is quite feisty!! Here he is getting warmed up for the tank. I know he is a boy because he has one big claw and one little claw.
I have not named them just yet (since realistically, they might not make it through the night...), but I am happy they are here!

I also know it is Spring because for the first time in a long while, I woke up refreshed, energized, and hopeful. I've had a lot going on the last few months. Some really good. Some not so really good. Some I've mentioned. Much more I've had to keep to myself. Spring is all about new beginnings. And I am very much ready for mine.

Now if I could just get motivated to Spring Clean my house...




No comments: