Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just Call Her Subtle

At the suggestion of a new acquaintance, I watched Nova's Dogs Decoded on Netflix a few nights ago. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a dog lover/owner. It is enlightening to the way our dogs act and how we react to them.

It is no secret that Ellie is at once my best friend and the bad little monster who sleeps on my couch and eats my unmentionables so she can puke them up in inconvenient places at inopportune times. Perhaps I should spend some time writing down the Great Ellie Escapades for posterity.

But tonight, I just have to giggle. I think Ellie is learning how to tug at my heartstrings just a little harder than yesterday. She might have flunked out of Puppy School when she was 6 months old, but she is sure training me to me to be a good...pet?

We already had dinner this evening. She had a huge bowl of lamb and rice kibble. But I think she is trying to tell me something. Oh so very subtly. Notice anything wrong with this picture?
I'll give you a hint....she did that herself while I was washing the dishes just now. Brat.

And I'll give you another hint...her bowl is upside down.

No comments: