Friday, September 24, 2010

In Which These Boots Were Made For....

…. driving 2300 miles from Miles City to Lake Havasu to San Diego to Lake Havasu to Death Valley to Ridgecrest, CA for the purpose of a new job (a wedding, a visit with the parents, and a sleepover with my sister).

The Driving.

The Wedding Shoes


The Sister Sleepover. (Okay, this was in OK in July, but I think its a funny picture of Sister).



….walking, squatting, lifting, running, jumping, tripping, kicking, and scooting myself, Ellie the Belly, and two trailers worth of my worldly possessions into a quaint duplex in an older part of town.

The UHaul.

The Duplex.

The Ellie.


…shopping, buying, regretting the purchase, unpacking, repairing, building, arranging, rearranging, and re-rearranging my things into a space that has some semblance of home.

The Living Room.

The Bathroom.

The Kitchen.

The Boring Bedroom and Ellie under the Bed.

So here I am. My fourth full day in Ridgecrest on my own, two days from starting my new job, and I am finally feeling comfortable enough to sleep with only half of the lights in the house on (as opposed to all of them, plus flashlights, disco balls, and candles).


Oh, and in case you were wondering. I found the breaking of a beautiful dawn on Monday. It was quiet. A little lonely. But I think I'm going to be okay. Add a little time. Some fresh air. A dozen bars of very dark chocolate and a case of wine. Yep, I'll be fine.

1 comment:

C said...

You are awesome.