And it has a lot fewer red marks.
So just a quick update: the latest thesis draft is back, with FAR fewer corrections and comments than the first draft. I am feeling much better about the whole situation. The third draft is due to the rest of my thesis committee by Friday. Once they have a look, I will FINALLY be able to set a defense date.
To celebrate the light at the end of this tunnel, I have compiled a short list of the things I intend to do between the final edits and defense date.
1. Finish knitting booties and a hat for my friend Katy's new baby, Alexis. (even though she lives in Florida and really needs sunglasses and a bathing suit)
2. Finish Aunt Jeannie's Christmas gift.
3. Send cousin Breogan his Christmas gift.
4. Send best friend A.B. her Christmas gift.
5. Send my niece the new outfit I bought her a month ago and hope that it still fits.
6. File the pile of thesis reference articles in the office and the guest bedroom. And by file I mean set on fire.
7. Paint the new trim and old trim throughout the downstairs. And by paint I mean, choose and purchase paint and wait for my sister-in-law to get here in May.
8. Run every day. No really. I swear I will.
9. Read 5 new books. Only ones with predictable plots and amazing heroines who fight crime and fall in love with vampires and other men who are no good for them.
10. Call everyone I know and NOT talk about my thesis. I'll provide topics such as "How bad has Ellie been this month? What did you have for dinner this week? Did you hear that so and so are dating/hating/mating with so and so?"
Ahh, I cannot wait.