Friday, June 6, 2008

Woo! Internet Service!

Woo! Woo!

Three weeks in Miles City, and we finally have internet service. In case you haven't noticed, I've been a little out of touch. Okay, a lot out of touch. Our cell phones drop every other call, our broadband internet card works slower than dial up, and my computer at work is restricted to official government work only.

So I guess you want me to catch you up on the last three weeks? Unfortunately that would be a very long blog. I guess I'll start where I left off...

On Monday, the 19th we closed on the house. Here we are with the dogs, getting ready to unload the UHaul.It is amazing that it took less than 3 hours to unload the Uhaul even though it took us nearly 12 hours to load it. Here is a happy crew.And here is where we actually put everything.
The first day we moved in, we got started on the fence. I say "we" loosely - it was mostly Dad, Dwayne, and Ryan. Ellie and Tanner helped a little by "marking" everywhere a post hole was supposed to go. Case in point. The fence looks pretty good from the alley.

Next on the agenda was to simultaneously install the garage door opener and rip out the bathroom vanity. Ryan and Dwayne worked in the garage.While Dad and I worked on the bathroom. Lookin' good, Dad!
Here is the installed vanity. We have a lot more to do in the bathroom (such as paint the walls - I am guessing the previous owners were either HUGE fans of Jackson Pollack or were in dire need of the priest from the Exorcist).
And finally...we installed a dishwasher. I can once and for all get rid of the germ infested drying rack and Ryan will no longer suffer the humiliation of dishpan hands.

Next up...what we did to the floors. Oh, and what we've been doing in Miles City as two of its newest residents.

1 comment:

TucsonLizzie said...

Your new house is so pretty! I'm glad you're having a good time.