Friday, February 8, 2008

It was a Super Tuesday!

I know I am a little behind on posts, and I have a ton to tell you, but first, I wanted to share with you about our little campaign party we had on Super Tuesday.

If you didn't already know, R and I are huge supporters of Barack Obama - not simply for his charisma, but also for the progressive ideals and the change we truly believe he can bring to this country. We are tired of the same two families being in the White House - one of which has wreaked havoc on our freedom, injected our nation with a mindset of fear and prejudice, and hypocritically and unjustly touted moral authority. We liked Clinton, but we aren't so keen on his wife.

And no, Obama is not a Muslim. That's just a lie perpetuated by Fox News, that sinister of most sinister corporations. Except maybe Halliburton. He's a God-fearing Christian with a redemption story more sincere than most right-wing conservatives. Here, read it yourself.

Enough of that soapbox.

What I was really trying to tell you about was our Super Tuesday party! We had over some fellow supporters to watch the results come in. We tried to carry an Obama theme throughout...and I think we succeeded.

Lizzie brought an "Obama" bundt cake. See the resemblance?


I made a pot of minestrone soup with O shaped pastas.
Kacy brought some cheese and crackers. Round, of course.
And R contributed a box of Cherrios, which I turned into Marshmallow CherriObama treats. Sorry the picture is blurry.
R also created a map of the US and happy- and sad- faced Baracks. We added the sad faces to the states where he didn't win the most delegates, and happy faces to the states where he kicked Hillary's booty.And Lizzie's husband decorated himself.
All inall, it was a good time. We were only disappointed in the results because it wasn't a landslide (though it was in Alaska...thanks Molly!), but there are a lot states left and I think things are just getting good!

No comments: