Wednesday, October 3, 2007

October on the homefront

I realized this afternoon that I only have one post for the month of September. That's no good, especially because so much has happened in the last few weeks. For your reading pleasure, here is a quick summary of the happenings around our house.

To recap first though, school started at the end of August. We are now at mid-terms - R has to grade a bunch of tests for his undergrads, and I have to write a little paper (15 to 20 pages). Here we are on the first day of school. R is flexing. And yes, I'm brushingmy teeth.


Week 2 of September: Following Holly's wedding (see only September post), Amber B. (the B is necessary to distinguish between her and Amber Kay) came out to see me for a whole three days! I haven't seen her since August of last year, and before that, the August the year before. We shopped a lot, stayed up late, and talked each other's legs off. R is happy because this month's cell bill is significantly lower than it would be if she was still in NY. Somehow I managed not to take any pictures from Amber's visit.
Oh, and guess what? Amber just got a job working as a Legislative Aide (aka a lawyer) for Sen. John Barrasso of Wyoming on Capitol Hill! Yeah for Amber!

Week 3 of September: R and I left for Michigan on Wednesday, following a quick weekend trip for me to Phoenix. The three days prior to leaving were...stressful...to say the least. I made tote bags for Amber's bridesmaids: the pink and brown for Kelly and the red and white for Noreen.

And then I made two Michigan State garters for Amber to wear for the garter toss at the wedding. Mike went to Michigan State, so she thought it would be a cute surprise for him. Garters are a pain in the butt to make, so I ended up making Michigan State scrunchies with gobs of lace and ribbon that were big enough (though not that big)to fit around Amber's leg. Here's the only picture I have of them. I did not purposefully coordinate my outfit for this shot, by the way.
Amber's wedding week was fast paced and fun and might just require a book to be published about it, but here a couple of photos to tide you over until then, if you haven't already seen the pictures Mike's sister posted on her web page. (Let me know if you want the link).

Me and Amber Kay on Thursday before the wedding. She was perhaps the most organized bride I have ever met. Note the notebook.Here we are at the bachelorette party. Amber had a little trouble loosening up, but these lemon drops sure helped.

Here we are rehearsing. And taking goofy pictures.


The wedding was on Saturday. It was beautiful affair, that we did not actually take pictures of until the reception! R was driving golf carts for everyone and didn't get the camera until after the ceremony. Again, you should see the web page with all of the photos for a complete picture-summary. Here are:
The B FamilyThe B H Family
The N Family
Week 4 of September: Essentially R and I spent the weekend in hiding, trying get our clothes clean and caught up on school work. But really, there is not much new to report after such a fun weekend at the wedding. I did go to a shower for my friend Kacy, hosted by her maid of honor (I refuse to call you Matron, L!).

Week 1 of October: Is it seriously already over?

Here's one more cute picture for you. I have to go write a paper now.

1 comment:

TucsonLizzie said...

I'm so glad you're back. What a September you had! The pictures of the wedding are beautiful. Amber did a great job.